Learn what's impacting communication "behind the scenes" and develop the skills to consistently inspire great conversations.
Understanding the "back story" of the prospects and clients we call, allows us to:
- Reach more people
- Create more in-depth conversations
- Dissolve defensiveness quickly
- Create calls that are both focused and efficient
- Get more decisions made and acted upon
The keys to your success:
- Complete on your own schedule (you'll have access for 100 days)
- Contains 5 video and slide presentation lessons on specific topics
- Takes approximately 45 minutes to complete
- Includes links to a wide range of additional resources
- Discussions allow you to learn from and network with other students
What students are saying...
This course was extremely well done. It is obvious that you put a lot of time into the preparation and content which made it very easy to follow while absorbing all of the information. Thanks for everything and it is going very well. The greatest part of doing this religiously is that I am not wasting so much of my time chasing people and we can all use more of that!
-Derek Percival, President/COO, Synergy Technology Inc.
I truly did not think I could ever pick up the phone again ... but then I took your courses. Wow, amazing! I feel so much more confident and now know what to say and how to be prepared. The results have been encouraging. The "one quick question" in a voicemail and stating my availability have made a profound difference.
-Lesli Chandler, Corporate Lead, Education and Training, Association of Workplace Educators Nova Scotia
- Video Introduction for 5 Challenges
- The 1st Key Element of Excellent, Effective Conversations.pdf
- Quote to Download and Share: "Communication is not saying something; communication is being heard." Frances Hesselbein
- How to Use Thinkific
- Join The Conversation ... About Phone Conversations!
- How To Use Our Discussion Platform #InspireConversation on Mighty Networks
- Did You Attend the Free Webinar on September 24 or September 26? Here's a link to the slide deck.
- Video Challenge 2 Decision Fatigue
- Challenge #2 Decision Fatigue (1).pdf
- What is Your Experience of Decision Fatique?
- Quote to Download and Share "It is amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit." John Wooden
- Resource: Thoughts on creating fewer decisions for our clients
- Video Challenge 5 Silence
- Challenge #5 We Need to Embrace Silence on the Phone (1).pdf
- More Silence and Other Changes?
- Quote to Download and Share: "An appreciative listener is always stimulating." Agatha Christie
- Resource: Four Types of Silence and How To Work With Them
- Your Feedback on This Course
Mary Jane Copps
CEO, The Phone Lady
About the instructor
I embraced my alter ego – The Phone Lady – in 2006 and have now worked with over 500 clients training over 12,000 individuals how to communicate more effectively on the telephone.
I've had the good fortune of being profiled as a communications expert by the Wall Street Journal, National Post, The Globe & Mail, CBC, CTV, Global and other publications, television and radio outlets throughout North America (including a very silly skit on This Hour Has 22 Minutes!). And I'm the author of The Phone Book: Essential Telephone Communication Skills, as well as a weekly blog on all things … phone!
In May 2016, I was awarded the national BDC Mentorship Award through Futurpreneur Canada for my work with young entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses and maximize their impact on the economic growth of Atlantic Canada.
You can reach me by:
And follow me on: