Learn how to to create a valuable, effective phone conversation with all of your prospects and clients.
There are specific, simple skills that allow you to go from "Hello" to building relationships on the phone and igniting trust. Knowing how to dissolve defensiveness and quickly capture the attention of your prospects definitely improves your ability to book meetings and demos, send out proposals and expand the work you do with existing clients.
The keys to your success:
- Complete on your own schedule (you'll have access for 100 days.)
- Contains 10 video lessons and 8 slide presentations on specific skills and topics
- Takes between 60-90 minutes to complete
- Includes links to a wide range of additional resources
- Discussions allow you to learn from and network with other students
What students are saying...
Valuable content, lots of great advice, easy to do, not long, log on when you decide it is convenient for you. Highly recommend. As I have told many people, the course I participated in was invaluable and my confidence on the phone has increased as a result.
-Leslie Sommer, Client Services and Marketing Coordinator, Right Direction Financial
- Intro to Inspiring Conversation
- The 3rd Key Element of Excellent, Effective Conversations.pdf
- How to Use Thinkific
- Join The Conversation ... About Phone Conversations!
- How To Use Our Discussion Platform #InspireConversation on Mighty Networks
- Did You Attend the Free Webinar on September 24 or September 26? Here's a link to the slide deck.
- Polite-ing Yourself Out of Conversation Video Lesson
- Polite-ing Yourself Out of Conversation Presentation
- Saying What You Want Others to Hear - Download of a chart of polite language and how to change it
- What are your favorite "polite" words and phrases?
- Quote to Download and Share: "Communication is the ability to ensure that people understand not only what you say but also what you mean." Myles Munroe
Mary Jane Copps
CEO, The Phone Lady
About the instructor
I embraced my alter ego – The Phone Lady – in 2006 and have now worked with over 500 clients training over 12,000 individuals how to communicate more effectively on the telephone.
I've had the good fortune of being profiled as a communications expert by the Wall Street Journal, National Post, The Globe & Mail, CBC, CTV, Global and other publications, television and radio outlets throughout North America (including a very silly skit on This Hour Has 22 Minutes!). And I'm the author of The Phone Book: Essential Telephone Communication Skills, as well as a weekly blog on all things … phone!
In May 2016, I was awarded the national BDC Mentorship Award through Futurpreneur Canada for my work with young entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses and maximize their impact on the economic growth of Atlantic Canada.
You can reach me by:
And follow me on: